Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creativity

Creating in a vacuum is so hard. I find it so much easier to write or talk about things when there is a creative interaction between myself and others. The more people, the more creative I get. Perhaps, that is a good case for schizophrenia. At least then I'd always have someone to talk to about my ideas. It's an even better case for the Divine will creating the world as we know it. the whole universe in it's ever multiplying forms and creatures fuels creation. Diversity enhances creativity, diversity of thoughts, feelings and opinions. It all leads to more creativity.

When sitting down to write this I have also noticed that asking the right questions seems to help and asking the wrong questions tends to lead to dead ends. Bad Questions: "What should I write today?"; "What do people what to hear about?"; "Who is my audience?". Good questions: "What do I want to write about?"; "What's a good starting point?"; "What would I like to read?" Even if my first few ideas are bad, after about two or three the ball gets rolling and next thing I know I'm writing like a maniac.

Another point that I thought about is writing style. My best advice to myself is write the way you talk. It flows so much easier then. If I try to sound important or profound it just comes out dead. I have alot to share that I am passionate about and it's that passion that brings the subject to life. Not like I'm trying to write a math book for crying out loud. I can feel it in my bones. the desire to write, to express myself. trusting that feeling can be difficult sometimes but is always worth it. (Even if only a few people read this) It's more about shining like the sun and letting the rays of light land where they may. Hopefully people become illuminated and inspired by the words flowing on these pages.

What can you create today? What is something that you can do to make the world a better creation? Paint broadly with your brush in vivid color? Sing the song that your heart sings to you? Enjoy with great pleasure all the world has to offer. Sometimes I feel that the universe is like that friend who spends more time watching you watch the movie than they do watching the movie themselves. Wouldn't it be great if that's how it really is? (I'm pretty sure it is.) Creation is for you, for everyone. Let your light shine and the world becomes a better place.






No comments:

Post a Comment