Thursday, September 15, 2011

In all seriousness...

Seriousness. It's almost like a disease. At at least a bad habit. I've had it for a long time. (Even though at times I can be funny.) In school they taught me that to succeed you have to have the right answers, to sit still, to shut up, to do what you are told, no questions asked. Heaven forbid that you laugh during class. The wrath of the the almighty will strike you down.

No room for smiles, no room for laughter, no room to live. Trying to be perfect and be in perfect control leads to this mess. You can't be nervous or afraid unless you believe there is a right answer. (or that you could be wrong). Breath, laugh, love. Be imperfect and learn to love it because that's who we are and it's a good thing. Great things are accomplished all the time by imperfect people. I'm sure if you think about it a few will come to mind.

I want to help people, and I want it to be fun for everyone. (Including me)

No comments:

Post a Comment